Environmental Assessment Office
Environmental Assessment Review Projects
Between July 1995 and March 2000, the Environmental Assessment Office undertook reviews related to the following initiatives:
- preservation of the Burns Bog ecosystem
- examination of the adequacy of salmon aquaculture processes
- identification of environmental and planning issues associated with the Skytrain extension
Additional information about each of these initiatives can be found at the links below.
Burns Bog Ecosystem Review
The Burns Bog Ecosystem Review Synthesis Report was written by a team of scientists under the direction of the Environmental Assessment Office in March 2000. The purpose of the review was to determine the factors crucial to preserving Burns Bog as a viable ecosystem.
- Synthesis Report for Burns Bog [PDF] March 2000
- All Documentation for the Burns Bog Ecosystem Review [ZIP] 50MB
Salmon Aquaculture Review
The Salmon Aquaculture Review Summary was conducted by the Environmental Assessment Office in July 1995 at the request of the Minister of Environment, Lands and Parks and the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food. The purpose of the review was to examine the adequacy of current methods and processes used by the two ministries in regulating and managing salmon aquaculture in British Columbia.
- Summary of the Report and a consolidated list of the recommendations [PDF]
- Report of the Environmental Assessment Office Volume 1 [PDF]
- First Nations Perspectives Volume 2 [PDF]
- Technical Advisory Team Discussion Papers Volume 3 [PDF]
- Socio-Economic Impacts and Related Technical Papers Volume 4 [PDF]
- Bibliographic Listings Volume 5 [PDF]
- All Documentation for the Salmon Aquaculture Review [ZIP] 15MB
Skytrain Extension Review
A special commission was appointed in September 1998 by the Minister of Environment, Lands and Parks to review the Skytrain extension in the Broadway-Lougheed-New Westminster corridor in the Lower Mainland. The purpose of the review was to identify the project's environmental and planning issues and impacts and to facilitate public consultation processes and interagency coordination.
- Special Commission Skytrain Extension Review Final Report [PDF] May 1999
- All Documentation for the Skytrain Extension Review [ZIP] 2.5MB